Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Baptism Experience





Praise God on Sunday January 29th I was baptized!  I must say it was a wonderful experience for me.  I was nervous, but also excited at the same time.  I was so thankful that my family was able to be there to support me and that Michael was the one who baptized me. 

Overall it was a very special moment in my walk with Christ.  After I made my public confession of faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and was immersed for the first time as a believer and follower of Jesus Christ, I remember coming up out of the water and feeling such joy in my heart.  I was happy.  I believe I felt this way because God was happy, He was pleased that I walked in obedience and followed Him.  

As I was walking out of the water I remembered something a friend had told me.  The water in our Baptism is symbolic of our sins being washed away by the blood of Jesus Christ.  So as I left that water I recalled this conversation and pictured my sins in the water which had been washed away by Jesus.  Praise God for His never-ending grace towards me!  

I think one of the keys to true joy in life is found in humble obedience to the Lord and His leading.  This is what I long for; to follow Jesus with a relentless, undivided, wholehearted devotion.  


No comments:

Post a Comment