Sunday, April 28, 2013

Unpredictable Faith


Supposedly, we are in the season of spring, yet, when I look outside it sure doesn’t look like spring!  Though, it is the season of spring.  Seasons are supposed to be predictable, right?  In the winter it gets cold and snows, in the spring it’s warm and delightful.  This spring though, and I’d argue even this summer and winter were far from predictable.  Let’s just say, if the saying holds true, “April showers bring May flowers,” we should have ourselves a mess of flowersJ.

There are also different seasons to our lives and will be times in our lives personally and as a church where there will be change, unpredictable change.  Wow, there are two words I don’t like—unpredictable and change.  We like predictability don’t we?  When I was in high school I used to have the same thing for lunch every day.  EVERYDAY.  I would have a ham sandwich, Cheetos (Chex mix if Mom went to Sam’s Club), and a mountain dew. We like predictability, we like routine, there’s comfort in it.  Isn’t there?  Yet, there will be times when God wants to shake us up in a bit.  Oh and I hope He does, in fact, I pray He does!  I pray He shakes us so much out of our comfortableness (is that a word?) that we are pushed to walk in greater faith trusting Him for each and every step. 

Isn’t that what this life of faith is all about?  Learning to trust Him with the unpredictable?  Friends, I don’t want to miss out on all God has for me personally and all He has for us as a community of believers.  For the sake of the Gospel, I am praying God shakes me up, and us up.  God is on the move and for us to join Him means “For we live by faith, not by sight (2 Cor. 5:7).”  We begin to see the movement of God in unexplainable ways when we step out and step into the life of unpredictable faith.  One thing though we can ALWAYS predict is the faithfulness of our God to us, His people.  We are safe and secure in His hands.  Glory to His Name.  

No comments:

Post a Comment