Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Asking for Help

So, I love Beth Moore.   I was reading her book, Get out of that Pit, and in her book she talked about how we have to ask God to take our “want to.”  Intrigued?  I hope so! 

How often have you said, Lord, I want to follow You, I want to be more loving, I want to obey You more, I want to love my neighbor, I want to believe in Your promises for me, I want to__________.  I personally want to do a lot of things; I want to choose the path to life and not death.  Yes, I "want to," but I find it to be so difficult at times, don’t you?  So for the past few months I have been asking God to take my “want to!”  The beauty of it all is that He does because that’s who God is.  He is a God of grace and mercy; He is a God of restoration and redemption.  If we’d offer Him our “want to” He would take them and bring something glorious out of them. 

Listen, I know you want too! J Ask Him for help, and He will.  We cannot overcome our imperfections on our own; we need the grace of God.  Newsflash:  We don’t have it all together or all figured out.  The knowledge of this last statement for me has been such a freeing experience.  I used to be a pretty prideful gal, still am, but I praise God for the ways He has open my eyes to my sin because in coming to the place where I can say, I don’t have it all right, I do things wrong and I need help is truly a glorious place of freedom!  When we act like we have it all together, and we do not need help we limit the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives.  But when we cry out for mercy He is right there to help.  If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.” 1 John 1:8 

Want to live in more victory and know the love, peace, and joy of the Lord in greater abundance?  Then start being real about the sin you have in your life.  This was and is my journey friends.  It was not until I became real about my sin that God really started to free me from some destructive thought patterns and strongholds in my life.  Maybe you’re not broken over your sin, but you want to be; I know how you feel!  I’m still asking God to break me over certain areas of sin, but you know what, I have confidence that He is and He will continue to do so.  In fact, I believe He longs to do this for His children because this is where true freedom lies.  It’s nothing to fear, it’s pure and utter freedom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment