Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Every Day

"But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.  Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:10-11

I love Christmas.  When I was a young child the one thing about Christmas that sticks out to me was the excitement I felt about opening gifts.  I always tried to play it off as though I was “Joe Cool” so to speak, but on the inside I was leaping with excitement and anticipation.  I would wake up throughout the night, my eyes would dart to the clock to find it was only two in the morning, then four in the morning, until finally the clock said six in the morning!  Six in the morning!   This, this was the time, the time when we were able to wake up our parents and go get our gifts!  Ready or not Mom and Dad, here we come! 

One day we will be with Jesus and the excitement we once felt at Christmas will never ever, ever leave.  Now, I do not know about you, but sometimes my heart gets a little fluttery as I think about the return of Jesus Christ (and no it is not my pacemaker).  I have a feeling He is waiting with great expectation and excitement for the day His Father tells Him it is time to go get His Bride (Bride= anyone in Christ).  And once the Father tells him to come, my friends, ready or not because here He comes!  I hope you are ready because He is coming (Matt. 24:30).  When the Father says it is time, He will come and He will not delay.  I think a really good sign of a follower of Jesus Christ is that not only are they ready for Him to come back, but they long for His glorious return.  It is hard to fathom, but one day, it will be like Christmas every day of the year.  The excitement will never end.  Come Lord Jesus, come.  We celebrate YOU this Christmas season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment