Monday, April 2, 2012

Rollarcoaster...of Life


4-1-12
“Be still, and know that I am God…” Ps. 46:10a


Wow, it’s hard to believe we have entered into week three of our Daniel Fast.  Only five more days to go!  As I march on, I’m still struck with the theme of choosing life and what it means for me on a daily basis. 



Michael and I had kind of a challenging week in different ways.  Some things have come across our path that could cause us to worry.  I say could, because we have a choice to make.  Will we believe in the Word, or live out of our emotions and circumstances?  By the grace and mercy of God, we are choosing to live a new way.  Choosing to trust God.  Choosing to believe in His goodness for us, regardless of the outcome of our present circumstances. 



Life is really a rollercoaster at times, isn’t it?  We have our ups and our downs.  I am so thankful I have Jesus Christ in my life.  I don’t know what the future holds, but I know who holds it.  As I have been able to slowly put aside some of the distractions in my life, it is amazing to me how much better I have felt.  I know I have shared on my blog about feeling out of balance.  Though my body still physically feels out of balance at times, and I still have moments where my emotions get the best of me, my spirit feels much freer.  It’s an inner peace that we are going to be okay and that God will and is with us through it all. 


 
I have learned it’s a peace that comes from walking with Jesus and cleaving to His Word.  I long for the Word of God to truly overtake every part of me and change the way I think, feel, and act.  I think, by the grace of God, it is and I look forward with great expectation for the continual changes God will make in me as I meditate on and get more and more of His Word in my heart.  I know we’ve got a ways to go, but I thank God for how far we’ve come and for His patient love in my life.  It’s truly, ALL because of Him.  The more I get to know Him and His Word, the more I learn how gracious and patient He is with me, even when I mess up. 



 I told a friend once that our knowledge of God must move from our heads, into our hearts, where it can then grow deep roots of faith and belief which push us to action and obedience.  I think this is the journey I have been on and will continue to be on for the rest of my life.  His Word is becoming more and more real in my life.  I wonder if it is in yours?  It can, but friends it takes work.  It takes diligence. Most importantly though it means surrendering to Father who loves you so dearly and allowing Him to do this work in you.  Before Jesus went to the cross He promised to send us His Holy Spirit who would be our Helper.  The Holy Spirit is given to all believers in Jesus Christ to help them choose life, and live as an overcomer.  Ask God to empty you and fill you with more of His Holy Spirit.  Surrender all to Him and watch the amazing work He will do in your life.  Put aside distractions and start digging into the Word like never before.  You will not regret it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment