Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hope and Healing


For this post I would like to take some time to rejoice in all God has done and is doing in my own life.  I hope you might rejoice with me! 

If I was going to be honest with you all today, I would admit that this has been a difficult year and a half, with my miscarriage, my heart problems, and some intense spiritual warfare Michael and I endured.   But I do not want the focus to be on my pain, but instead on God and what He has done and is doing.  As I reflect on all I’ve been through, I know that God has had a plan throughout it all.  My hope is that I have been changed, and I truly believe I have.  I believe all these things have shaped me in one way or another, to the glory and credit of God.  Throughout all of it I know I have drawn closer to the Word of God like never before and I hope to fall deeper and deeper in love with the Word.  Because the Word of God really does change us, it frees us, it leads us to wholeness and so much more.  

I rejoice friends because Jesus Christ has been with me throughout each step of this journey.  I have sensed His presence, I have felt His nudging, and the gentleness of His voice has spoken directly to me in my need.   I do not know where I would be without Him.  At times I’ve wondered what my life would be without Jesus Christ, and friends, I cannot even fathom life with Christ.  He is my life.   But I want Him to be more and more of my life.  I desire for Him to take all of my life.  We’ve still got some things to work on in that area, but thanks be to God for His patience with me. 

Yes, God has been with me through this year.  Never has He left me, never has He forsaken me.   And now, after months and months of health ups and downs I sit here today physically, spiritually and emotionally healed in many ways.  I rejoice because I feel like I have my life back! Glory to God!   Now I desire for all of my energies to be spent on the mission God has for me in this life.  Father, help me, I pray.    

The other night I was reading from Luke 4:38-44 and the story of Jesus healing Simon’s mother-in-law from her high fever.  After Jesus rebukes her fever the scriptures tell us “She got up at once and began to wait on them.” (v. 39b).  Yes!  Yes, it’s time for me to get up and serve Christ!  Sure I was down for a while, but in Jesus’ Name I will, I am, and I will continue get up at once!  I don’t want to live in the past, but move on at once and serve my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I’m excited to get up, to serve, and to work wholeheartedly for the mission God has for me.  Father thank You for all You’ve so graciously done for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment